Education, Licenses and Professional Designations
P. Barton DeLacy was first licensed as a real estate appraiser in Oregon in 1979. Since uniform state certification regulations came into effect in the early 1990s, DeLacy has maintained certifications in up to 20 states. Today, he maintains licensing in states along the West Coast and in the Midwest. Each state maintains rigorous program of continuing education. See list below.
- CRE Member, Counselors of Real Estate- 2003
- ASA Member, Urban Properties, American Society of Appraisers- 2002
- MAI Member, Appraisal Institute- 1983
- SRA Member, Appraisal Institute- 1980
- Lambda Alpha International, land economics honorary, 2013
- Portland State University; Master of Urban Planning (MUP)- 1988
- Willamette University, Salem, Oregon; Bachelor of Arts (BA)- 1975
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon- 1976-7
- School of Irish Studies, Dublin, Ireland- 1974
Mr. DeLacy is a duly Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- California, license no. AG034219
- Illinois, license no. 553.001797
- Indiana, license no. CG41001248
- New York, license no. 46000047021
- Oregon, license no. C000089
- Washington, license no. 1100107
- Wisconsin, License No. 1678-010
DeLacy Community and Professional Service
P. Barton DeLacy has served as trustee, advisor and counselor for various academic, religious and non-profit organizations throughout his career. Some of his pro bono and service roles include:
Mr. DeLacy serves in the following leadership roles professionally and within the community.
- Board of Directors, University Club of Chicago, 2017-20
- President, Illinois Coalition of Appraisal Professionals (ICAP) 2017
- Board of Directors, Chicago Chapter of the Appraisal Institute (2016-2019)
- Board of Directors, 18th & Wabash Corp., a non-profit SRO housing project (2012-16)
- Past Associate Editor of Real Estate Issues, the peer reviewed journal of the Counselors of Real Estate ®
- Liaison Vice President (2013), Chapter Chair (2015) and National Board Member, Counselors of Real Estate ®, 2012-19
- Region III Director, Appraisal Institute (2014-2015)
- Emeritus, Abbey Foundation of Oregon (board member 2005-14)
- Willamette University Trustee (1991-1994)
- Planning Commissioner, City of Lake Oswego, Oregon (1989-93)
- Emergency Siting Authority, Juvenile Prison Project, State of Oregon (1995, 1998)
- Regional Advisory Board Member, Resolution Trust Corp (RTC) 1989-1991
Consulting Corps for the Counselors of Real Estate (CRE):
The following projects were undertaken pro-bono upon selection by the Counselors of Real Estate ®:
- Chaired panel advising New Jersey Futures and Oxford Township, New Jersey on how best to stimulate its downtown and promote economic development. (2016)
- Advised the Chancery Office for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia on best practices for real estate disposition. (2015)
- Worked with the Fresno-based State Central Community College District to review and update a system-wide facilities and property management plan, wrote committee report (2013).
- Led team to advise the soon-to-be closed Trinity Hospital on adaptive re-use options in Birmingham, AL (2011).
- Led panel assisting the University of Arkansas at Little Rock on University District development strategy (2008).
- Advised Tugaloo College in Jackson, Mississippi on disposition of excess land (2004).
- Chaired a panel mediating a land use neighborhood dispute at Pace Academy in Atlanta, Georgia (2005).
- Led team that advised the City of Orlando regarding placement of homeless shelter (2005);