Education, Licenses and Professional Designations
P. Barton DeLacy was first licensed as a real estate appraiser in Oregon in 1979. Since uniform state certification regulations came into effect in the early 1990s, DeLacy has maintained certifications in 16 states with a rigorous program of continuing education.
Fellow, the Royal Institution of Royal Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)- 2005
CRE Member, Counselors of Real Estate- 2003
ASA Member, Urban Properties, American Society of Appraisers- 2002
MAI Member, Appraisal Institute- 1983
SRA Member, Appraisal Institute- 1980
Lambda Alpha International, land economics honorary, 2013
Portland State University; Master of Urban Planning (MUP)- 1988
Willamette University, Salem, Oregon; Bachelor of Arts (BA)- 1975
University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon- 1976-7
School of Irish Studies, Dublin, Ireland- 1974
Mr. DeLacy is a duly Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
California, license no. AG034219
Colorado, license no. 1000006312
Illinois, license no. 553.001797
Indiana, license no. CG41001248
Iowa, license no. CG02930
Kansas, license no. G-2235
Massachusetts, License Number 103170
Michigan, License Number 1201073739
Missouri, license no. 2005035957
New York, license no. 46000047021
Oregon, license no. C000089
Pennsylvania, license no. GA003949
Washington, license no. 1100107
Wisconsin, License No. 1678-010
DeLacy Community and Professional Service
P. Barton DeLacy has served as trustee, advisor and counselor for various academic, religious and non-profit organizations throughout his career. Some of his pro bono and service roles include:
- Director and Treasurer of the 18th and Wabash Corp.: an independent board operating a 170-unit transitional homeless facility in the South Loop neighborhood of Chicago (since 2012)
- Real Estate Advisory Board for The Catholic Charities of Chicago (2008 to date).
- Board of Directors, Minds Matter of Chicago: program mentors select high school students from underserved neighborhoods to improve college opportunities (2008 to date)
- Mt. Angel Abbey Foundation Trustee (2003 -2011), Emeritus: Foundation manages the assets of a l125 year old diocesan seminary and Benedictine monastery in Oregon
- Willamette University Trustee (1991-1994); served while President of the W>U> Alumni Association
- Planning Commissioner, City of Lake Oswego, Oregon (1989-93)
Consulting Corps for the Counselors of Real Estate (CRE):
The following projects were undertaken pro-bono upon selection by the Counselors of Real Estate ®:
- Worked with the Fresno-based State Central Community College District to review and update a system-wide facilities and property management plan, wrote committee report (2013).
- Led team to advise the soon-to-be closed Trinity Hospital on adaptive re-use options in Birmingham, AL (2011).
- Led panel assisting the University of Arkansas at Little Rock on University District development strategy (2008).
- Advised Tougaloo College in Jackson, Mississippi on disposition of excess land (2004).
- Chaired a panel mediating a land use neighborhood dispute at Pace Academy in Atlanta, Georgia (2005).
- Led team that advised the City of Orlando regarding placement of homeless shelter (2005);
- Treasurer, Board of Directors, Illinois Coalition of Appraisal Professionals (ICAP), 2010- present
- Board of Directors, Liaison Vice-Chair, Counselors of Real Estate ® (2012-13)
- Midwest Board of Directors, RICS (2012- present)
- Region III Representative, Appraisal Institute (2014-16)
- Appraisal Standards Committee, Appraisal Institute (1996, 2007)