When the problem goes beyond what something is worth; when the question is really “what do we do?” Look to DeLacy Consulting for valuation counsel.
Chicago-based boutique real estate advisory firm.
P. Barton DeLacy, MAI, CRE, FRICS
Along with specialty areas like Green Energy Valuation, DeLacy Consulting maintains competencies in conventional property types including:
- Land: whether as vacant, at highest and best use or as entitled; whether urban or rural, whether for conservation or recreational purposes.
- Residential: from single family to apartments, coops and condos to planned communities or mixed use; urban or rural
- Retail: from focused rental studies to feasibility tests; stand alone to shopping malls
- Industrial: conventional warehousing to purpose built factories and power plants to intermodal complexes and data centers
- Office: accessory uses to downtown towers
- Specialty Properties: golf courses, marinas, hotels self-storage and planned developments mixing all of the above
Litigation Support and Counsel
Virtually any valuation engagement can be subjected to litigation. Valuation counseling can help resolve disputes. Sometimes your client does not necessarily need another appraisal, but a better understanding of underlying assumptions. Barton DeLacy has served as consultant and subject matter expert to attorneys for over thirty years.
DeLacy has qualified as an expert in diverse venues including state and federal courts. He has served on arbitration panels and participated in mediated settlements as well. For specific trial experience see Services tab above.
- Expert testimony before 21st Judicial Circuit Court of St. Louis County, Missouri; City of St. Louis and Factory Mutual Insurance v. Guarantee Electrical, et. al.; regarding diminution in value at central utility plant at Lambert Field; November, 2013
- Expert testimony at settlement conference before Federal Circuit Court of New Jersey on pipeline condemnation of railroad right of way; Texas Eastern Transmission, LLP v. Consolidated Rail Corporation, September 2013
- Served as lessor representative on three-member arbitration panel in lease dispute regarding Philadelphia area data center, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, 2012
- Expert testimony before Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board, re: Lincolns Landing, St. Clair County, December 2010
- Served on three-member American Arbitration Association Panel: Shannon v. Mackay, AAA Case No 74 180 Y 0067208 DEAR, May 2009